Chick Resuscitation

The Sheriff

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Northern CA
I received chicks last week that traveled from Florida to California. When they arrived, two of the chicks were apparently DOA, both of them stuck in cups of GroGel, one up to its neck. I rushed them home, rinsed the Grogel off so they could move their wings and chests. I used a blow dryer, chest massage, and stimulation to revive them. Both chicks were cold and stiff and showed no signs of life when I started working on them. I videotaped the effort. It is 24 minutes long but if you want to know what I did, here is the video. When hypothermia is involved, the rule of thumb is nobody is dead until they are warm and dead.

Wow are they lucky they were sent to you!!!!!!!
yesss.gif

I received chicks last week that traveled from Florida to California. When they arrived, two of the chicks were apparently DOA, both of them stuck in cups of GroGel, one up to its neck. I rushed them home, rinsed the Grogel off so they could move their wings and chests. I used a blow dryer, chest massage, and stimulation to revive them. Both chicks were cold and stiff and showed no signs of life when I started working on them. I videotaped the effort. It is 24 minutes long but if you want to know what I did, here is the video. When hypothermia is involved, the rule of thumb is nobody is dead until they are warm and dead.

This is wonderful, good job! How did you follow up caring for them, and how did they do afterwards?

Where is the video?!!!

Where is the video

Where is the video

Back
Top Bottom