1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick Selfies!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by terribabe69, Dec 19, 2013.

1. terribabe69

terribabe69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2013
    Aiken, SC
    Post selfies of yours chicks! This is my first baby! A girl Penny!
    [​IMG]

2. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

It looks like she loves the camera!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  3. terribabe69

Nov 25, 2013
    Aiken, SC
    She does!! lol She thinks im her momma so she follows me everywhere!! Shes the only baby I have. (Ive got another hatching on Monday) I actually didnt think that she would hatch. I had started off with 4 eggs from a friends in Florida. We were going to eat them (we actually had a dozen and my mom had a dozen) We ate 2 then I had an idea to see if they would hatch. So My husband 2 kids and myself each picked out an egg. And of course my youngest's egg was the only fertilized one. A week later I added 4 more. I had 2 fertilized eggs out of that bunch. 21 days later Penny was born. :) I checked the other eggs and one was cracked. It had movement but a few days later nothing. Did an eggtopsy on it and a lil baby chick was in it. I think bacteria got to it. So now we are waiting on this last egg to hatch. Lots of movement going on right now. We are on lockdown. Im excited to have 2 babies! Hope its another Hen. We were planning on waiting till this Spring to start raising Chickens but we had the opportunity so I took it. So out of 8 eggs I tried to hatch we had 3 babies. One hatched, one died at day 12 and the other *fingers crossed* its here on Monday! [​IMG]

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    She looks like she is guarding you...as in, "Stay AWAY from my Momma or else!" LOL

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

TwoCrows said what I was thinking!

"ProtectoChick! Don't mess with her!"
    :love

6. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

My Silkie hen is like that. She thinks I'm her momma and my dog is her protector. She follows me everywhere when I let her out of the pen. The other chickens just go where ever they want, pay no attention to me (Unless I have t r e a t s....have to spell it out...they know what it means!!!) but not Snowflake. I start to walk and she's on my heels!

7. terribabe69

Nov 25, 2013
    Aiken, SC
    Yea this little girl has a sassy personality. She will be a week old Monday but she is so funny. She peeps and ill peep back and she comes running to me. She loves to snuggle. I took her outside for the first time today since it was 75° and she stayed near me the entire time. Almost stepped on her she runs so fast lol. I hate that shes lonely though. She peeps at night LOUDLY. Last night she had stopped so I checked on her and found my cat laying next to the cage and she was laying next to him. :). Im going to hate when I have to put her in the coop. :( [​IMG]

8. terribabe69

Nov 25, 2013
    Aiken, SC
    Think she got photobombed...[​IMG]

9. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Boy...she sure does love the camera!

10. Roojoy