chick starter question

Kimberly4403

Chirping
May 18, 2015
What are the main/essential things to look for when selecting a non medicated chick starter feed? And is a crumble or mash better?
Im a bit overwhelmed with the different brands here in Australia however I know i deffinately want GMO free.. Can anyone make any brand suggestions? I really liked Country heritage but cant source if locally and its too costly to have shipped so need an alternative

I'm sorry I can't help as I don't know brands in Australia. I prefer a crumble, as mash is just powder. Mash works well if moistened but you have to be careful it doesn't mold. Crumble they can pick up and eat easy enough. The best you can do is pick one, probably one that is more popular so that it's fresh, sometimes certain brands aren't bought often and the feed can get old and the vitamin content can diminish. I choose my brand because it is convenient to get, I kept buying my brand because my birds like it and it smells really good.

I perfer crumbles over mash as it is easier to feed. I would stick with and brand you see is moving good so it is fresh. Check with your local feed store. They will probably recommend their brand. Buy a couple of small bags and see which one you like the best.

Back
Top Bottom