Chick Starter Recipe Please

Pics
So my mom doesn't want to buy chick starter anymore and my chicks are 7 weeks old and I need to find a recipe on how to make chick starter myself because we ran out of some
This is a terrible idea. For emergency use is one thing. Chances of anyone making a balanced enough chick food for them to thrive for any length of time is very small.

I don’t believe it can be done properly for less money either.

my dad said that he will buy me chick starter at the end of the week when he is off but she said she is going to talk to him about it . i will tell him that it makes more sense just to buy the chick starter he'll just but the chick starter because he wants be to be happy and its less work i'll tell him when he gets home

yes becuase she that when she was growing up the chickens ate whatever they could find

While that may be true there are other things that went on too. Those chickens didn't lay as many eggs as todays birds do. They were also often processed for dinner before they got to 3 years old. There were also a lot less pesticides being used so more bugs to find. I could go on and on and on but basically......times have changed a lot.

I am glad your dad is willing to get the proper feed for them. :hugs
Be sure to thank him.

While that may be true there are other things that went on too. Those chickens didn't lay as many eggs as todays birds do. They were also often processed for dinner before they got to 3 years old. There were also a lot less pesticides being used so more bugs to find. I could go on and on and on but basically......times have changed a lot.

I am glad your dad is willing to get the proper feed for them. :hugs
Be sure to thank him.
i sure will thank him! but i had one more question so since i ran out of feed they've been eating oatmeal ,rice ,and some plain yogurt can i give them some canned tuna as protein the tuna is in water but it has salt

i sure will thank him! but i had one more question so since i ran out of feed they've been eating oatmeal ,rice ,and some plain yogurt can i give them some canned tuna as protein the tuna is in water but it has salt

Yes but just tiny amounts. I would feed each one about 1/2 teaspoon twice a day.
I give my laying hens canned mackerel during molting as a boost. It also has added salt.

Back
Top Bottom