Chick taming frustrations.......

My 1st batch did. They were social sort of. Once they got to laying age a few wouldn't leave me alone. They turned into lovers. Preening my hair, sitting on my shoulder. It was a little ridiculous give them time and bribe with kindness and treats : )

My 1st batch did. They were social sort of. Once they got to laying age a few wouldn't leave me alone. They turned into lovers. Preening my hair, sitting on my shoulder. It was a little ridiculous give them time and bribe with kindness and treats : )
LOL--that sounds so cute! I wouldn't be unhappy if some of mine turn out like that!

LOL--that sounds so cute! I wouldn't be unhappy if some of mine turn out like that!
Mine are as described by others on this thread: ok to accept treats from the hand, come around when being fed, curious, but definately not wanting to be held. Then, I started taking them outdoors for some one on one time, and found that at least one of them turns into a lap chicken when removed from the social group.

Mine are as described by others on this thread: ok to accept treats from the hand, come around when being fed, curious, but definately not wanting to be held. Then, I started taking them outdoors for some one on one time, and found that at least one of them turns into a lap chicken when removed from the social group.
Glad to hear that this isn't such an uncommon situation. I was hoping that I hadn't done something to make them scared of me. I think they feed off each other when they get scared!

Back
Top Bottom