Chick temps

Savyjoy

Chirping
Aug 21, 2019
California
We have four week olds in their brooder I’ve seen that at a week the temp should go down to 90? It’s currently 95 ish. Do I just turn off or raise the light, or watch the chicks? I turned off the light and it stayed 89 in the brooder but the chicks all went under where the light would shine. Does this mean they aren’t ready for the temp drop? Or just missing their light? Thanks guys!! Here is a cute pic of Dotty sleeping in my hand

Attachments

• 8B409832-1AEE-47C1-96F7-14D320AB1E1D.jpeg
    8B409832-1AEE-47C1-96F7-14D320AB1E1D.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 4
We have four week olds in their brooder I’ve seen that at a week the temp should go down to 90? It’s currently 95 ish. Do I just turn off or raise the light, or watch the chicks? I turned off the light and it stayed 89 in the brooder but the chicks all went under where the light would shine. Does this mean they aren’t ready for the temp drop? Or just missing their light? Thanks guys!! Here is a cute pic of Dotty sleeping in my hand
At 4 weeks they can withstand 70 degrees, I'd watch them to see if they huddle together , or piled on each other or just near each other. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom