Chick Therapy

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by countrygrl, Mar 29, 2008.

1. countrygrl

countrygrl New Egg

Feb 29, 2008
    There is so much chaos in the world today. Watching a program turns into dodging commercials telling me to eat this, buy that, take these, or vote for this candidate. It was nearly impossible to find a plain yogurt at the market the other day. Too many choices are stressing me out.
    One of the most relaxing times of the day is hanging at the coop with my chickens late afternoon. The chirping is like music to my ears. I instantly de-stress when I make my way to the coop with delicious treats. Their feathers are visually stunning, and they are amusing to watch. I thank God for my chickens.
    Thanks BYC - SM

2. 12 Acres

12 Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Oak Harbor, OH
    There are many here who would echo that sentiment. I prefer the simple life and I appreciate the simple things. Keep Manhattan just gimme that countryside!

3. JaneandLizzy

JaneandLizzy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2008
    That was beautiful.

[​IMG]

and true.

4. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Well said.

5. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Nicely said. My red barn is my sanctuary. That's where I feel connected to the important things, and where I can think.

6. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    If everyone had chickens, there would be no need for anti-depressants.

7. mcbrown7513

mcbrown7513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2015
    Southern Mississippi
    My little flock keeps me entertained and loaded with eggs and meat. Watching them free-range all day is amazing for my PTSD.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by