Chick with crooked feet and toes

splashferret

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 29, 2014
Missouri
He/she is only about a day old and I got him fro heartland Hatcher, he/she can't stand up. he/she also has a one extra toe on each foot is there anything I can do to help it

Last edited:
Oh my. Silkies have extra toes, so that may explain that part. As to the crooked toes, you can tape the toes down to a small piece of craft foam cut to the shape of the foot. If the legs splay, you can do this:

Keep us posted, and good luck!

thank you mrchicks, I Have all ready taped down he/her toes and for the extra toe I was a bit worried about that because he/she Is suppose to be a polish crested, but he/she dose have the feathered legs like a silkie

Here and there a strange gene will show up from the past. It does look like there is some silkie in there. It will be really cute.

Can it stand with the little shoes on it's feet?

not really no, it cant stand whether there is tap its feet or not, he/she just doesn't want to move its feet ay from his/her body

Rats. That's what was with the one I posted. I took it to the vet and paid him $35 to tell me that it was genetic, not going to improve, and to cull the bird. I do wish someone with more knowledge would pop in and help you.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom