Chick with crooked neck

britesidefarm

Songster
May 22, 2020
Santa Barbara, CA
I have a Sebright chick that either got stepped on by the broody or hatched wonky, and it is trying to keep it’s head in between it’s legs like it would in the egg. It’s somehow managing to walk (not very well). Any ideas on what to do?
64DE667F-5A48-4AB1-AFD9-C50B89DAFE3F.jpeg

Last edited:
If u adminstrate Vitamin E give very small amount like very little but if it's an Injury Stabling the neck with a Support is all u need and it will take 2-3 weeks to set properly

I have a Sebright chick that either got stepped on by the broody or hatched wonky, and it is trying to keep it’s head in between it’s legs like it would in the egg. It’s somehow managing to walk (not very well). Any ideas on what to do?View attachment 2667109
How is your chick?
I would get some vitamin E and B1 into her. Poultry Nutri-Drench would be good to give, 2-3 drops twice a day.
She's so tiny, I would dip a qtip in the PND, then press the qtip to the side of her beak allowing the liquid to seep in. Let her take the time to swallow.
Hopefully you will see improvement. Wry Neck is a symptom - hard to know the cause sometimes.

How is your chick?
I would get some vitamin E and B1 into her. Poultry Nutri-Drench would be good to give, 2-3 drops twice a day.
She's so tiny, I would dip a qtip in the PND, then press the qtip to the side of her beak allowing the liquid to seep in. Let her take the time to swallow.
Hopefully you will see improvement. Wry Neck is a symptom - hard to know the cause sometimes.
I gave him some vitamin E and it’s managing to sit straight when it’s relaxed, but tends to have a fit under stress. It’s been drinking and eating on it’s own as well.

I gave him some vitamin E and it’s managing to sit straight when it’s relaxed, but tends to have a fit under stress. It’s been drinking and eating on it’s own as well.
I would give the vitamin E daily. If giving the oil gels, then give 400IU Daily. B1 is also helpful in treating symptoms of Wry Neck, so I would get some B-Complex and give 1/4 tablet per day.

Back
Top Bottom