Chick with crooked neck

Fancie

Songster
11 Years
Oct 31, 2008
Illinois

I have a chick tht must of got stepped on by one of the parents... I am not looking forward to a vet bill.... but if I have to I have to... my question is, first do you think vet can really do anything about it without accidently breaking it's neck, and if the chick can have a pretty full life if this problem continues... His biggest issue seems to be drinking (I have film of it but facebook is being slow) He has to do spins to drink because he can't lift his head... was seeing if anyone had simular things happen to one of there chicks....

600x600px-LL-671b6ba5_GEDC1596.jpeg
I have a chick tht must of got stepped on by one of the parents... I am not looking forward to a vet bill.... but if I have to I have to... my question is, first do you think vet can really do anything about it without accidently breaking it's neck, and if the chick can have a pretty full life if this problem continues... His biggest issue seems to be drinking (I have film of it but facebook is being slow) He has to do spins to drink because he can't lift his head... was seeing if anyone had simular things happen to one of there chicks....
OH MY, I sure wish I had words of wisdom for you, but I surely do not...You can try PMing Dawg53, he is the gurur of illnesses, He might have some hlep for you. I am so sorry you are having to go thru this....:hugs

I believe (if you do a search here using keyword like chick and crooked neck) this may be a vitamin deficiency. Give it polyvisol drops without iron. But do the search first, I've not had the issue - it just seems to me that I've seen this in the past.

thanks, I will go out nd get some drops to add to his food tomorow. I hope it helps... it looks miserable, and I never had a chick do this before. But than again I always free ranged my birds.. but can't anymore do to predator issues.

Last edited:
I have a chick only 2 weeks old that when I checked in the morning was fine then in the afternoon it looked like he was trying to stand on his head and having some sort of spasms. I checked online and am pretty sure it is wry neck. after researching it I am heading to Wally world to get the vit E and baby vit. Says should come out of it after a week. Hope it works as I really don't want to cull it at this point.

Back
Top Bottom