Chick with injured eye

Opening on her own!! :wee

Attachments

• 33C494BD-290F-4FB9-9075-6F85945513BB.jpeg
    33C494BD-290F-4FB9-9075-6F85945513BB.jpeg
    400.4 KB · Views: 1
It’s out!! I cannot believe it. What relief she must feel.. it definitely was puss. The warm compress and massage helped immensely. I gave her a good rest in between sessions today to lessen the stress of it all.. then used a small sterile tool to gently work the area and it finally came out with a little force. I immediately flushed with more sterile saline and applied the medication.. She rested for awhile afterwards as expected but she is up and at it now - eye open for the first time in almost a week! I am elated. Thank you so much for your help and encouragement. Add this to the list of things I never thought I’d be doing - and never hope to do again - but I’m thankful for the courage to do it today. She looks so much better already. Just wanted to update! Maybe this will help someone down the road as well.

Oh! How long do you think I should continue the rinses/medication? A week or so? Im not sure of the protocol..

Thank you again and again
Wonderful!
I bet she does feel better now.
I agree, I'd continue with treating the eye for a week and see how it goes. You don't want to stop too early.

Back
Top Bottom