Chick with leg problems...Please advise...

Alicia

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
I was given 12 chicks. They are all just old enough to be separated from their mother. One of them was "helped" out of the egg. It cannot walk. It twitches and peeps, but doesn't move by itself. I don't want to watch the little one waste away and die, but I don't want to put it out of its misery either. Please, any advice is appreciated and I can also post pics if you think they are helpful (and I can figure out how to do so)

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
PICs can be downloaded on this site. God up to "uploads" in the blue bar and it will tell you from there. Pics would be great. Hope you get the help you want.
smile.png

OK, I uploaded the photo...now how do I put it in this topic?

Last edited:
poor little thing..is it just me or are the legs off color? I bet youll have to cull him. Im sorry, Find someone that will do it for you. He'll just starve and get picked on...
sad.png

Yes, the legs are pink rather than orange like its siblings' legs. I put one of the healthy chicks in the box for comparison, but I keep him away from the other chicks as they peck at his eyes and feet.

I guess I'm just going to have to buck up and do it. It's more humane that way. What is the most humane way to do it? This just breaks my heart
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom