Chick with no comb or wattle

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Philmann, May 27, 2011.

1. Philmann

Philmann New Egg

May 27, 2011
    I have 3 chicks i need to identify please, the strange thing is one has no comb or wattle, these birds are all the same age at 7 weeks please help. And how do i upload photos im struggling here.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ok done thanks.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] It could be an EE, or any chick with a pea comb I'll bump you maybe someone else can help

3. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    I have black and white chicks.. Wayndottes and the girls dont have combs yet and where their combs will be is black I have one with a white comb.. thinking hes gonna be a roo.. but their only 4 weeks old so we have time to see..
    good luck with your chicks.)O(
    Pink

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
  5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:I have a 11 week old australorp that still has a tiny black comb, and I have no clue what that means. It has also always been the smallest. [​IMG] My other 11 week old australorp already has a comb.

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Hi, and [​IMG]

As a new member, you need to have a minimum number of posts to be able to add pictures to your thread. Since chickens have different comb types, depending on breed, it's not unusual for a chick to have little or no visible comb. Wattles normally don't appear for a while, either.

7. Philmann

Philmann New Egg

May 27, 2011
  8. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    If they're 7 weeks old, no comb or wattles would indicate female. Those with big red combs and wattles are boys almost every time.

9. Philmann

Philmann New Egg

May 27, 2011
    Have you any idea what breed they might be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by