Chick with severe leg issues

Awww, how’s your tough little baby doing, CluckNDoodle??? And whatever happened with the broody hen?

She's hanging in there! She's pretty mobile now and has worked out her own method of getting around. Hopping and flying back and forth across the brooder now that she has some decent flight feathers. She also leans against the walls in the brooder when resting.
My broody hen stopped sitting a few days later. I guess she felt she hatched that chick and that there weren't any more hatching so she gave up.

She's hanging in there! She's pretty mobile now and has worked out her own method of getting around. Hopping and flying back and forth across the brooder now that she has some decent flight feathers. She also leans against the walls in the brooder when resting.
My broody hen stopped sitting a few days later. I guess she felt she hatched that chick and that there weren't any more hatching so she gave up.
Good for your special needs baby for figuring out how to get on with life! Did you end up keeping the hen? Or did you eat her?:lau (I know that you wouldn’t eat her, no matter what she did!)

Good for your special needs baby for figuring out how to get on with life! Did you end up keeping the hen? Or did you eat her?:lau (I know that you wouldn’t eat her, no matter what she did!)

LOL!! She's a Leghorn so too darn skinny to eat anyway...sooo I guess I'll just see what happens. :lau I'm such a pushover when it comes to these chickens!
hysterical.gif

LOL!! She's a Leghorn so too darn skinny to eat anyway...sooo I guess I'll just see what happens. :lau I'm such a pushover when it comes to these chickens! View attachment 1919505
Ha! You’re no pushover - you’re the one who actually has a sweet natured flock due to culling! Culling of one kind or another anyway... :gigEver since I heard that, I walk around our coop at roosting time and mutter about how the next hen to attack a youngling gets the cull!:duc

Back
Top Bottom