ChickChops says Hi!

Chickychops77

In the Brooder
Dec 12, 2020
Hello everyone on Backyard Chickens. I joined this group because I was in need of some advice with my birds at first because of injury. I want to say that I am so glad I did. The people here are so helpful and the information contained on this site is a life savor! I want to thank everyone here from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to share your vast knowledge. I am new to Chickens. Just got them back in December. I do have to say it has been a little bit of a shock and surprise but had also brought such an incredible sense of joy, fulfillment, accomplishment and happiness in raising my feathered friends. The shock and surprise came in realizing what a mess chickens create and boy howdy do they poop a lot. As I spend time with them cleaning there roosts, coop, run and spending time with them has brought me such joy, and happiness to get to know each one of my feathered ladies. I have six ladies Brandy a very talkative Isa Brown, wants to know what you are doing all the time and she loves to eat. My other Isa Brown is Maple, she is my sweetest and most gentle bird, she is becoming more talkative and sound just like Brandy. Stormy is my Blue Langshan who loves to stand really tall and she loves to scream at me all the time, not sure if she has a lot to say or is just irritated all the time. Buffy is my biggest bird a buff orpington and she is very pretty, we call her Buffy the chicken slayer because she is a bully (she likes to take others food or shove them out of the way at the feeder) "naughty bird", she is quiet but is slowly liking to be held and pet. Scarlett is my Rhode Island red she is such a pretty colored bird, she has quiet little chirps, and is sweet too. She gave us our first egg and is very consistent in her egg laying and shocked us with her green eggs! My last lady is my "raptor" olive she is a F2 olive egger she is black with white spots and she literally sounds like a tiny raptor, never understood why people called them that but my little lady definitely is a raptor. I really do enjoy taking care of my ladies and it is such fun to go out to see who has laid me an egg and what color it will be, truly delightful. It is hard to raise these little feathered creature not having any experience with them, it is so nice to have some others to look to, in creating the best loving and safe home for them. Look forward to being apart of the group and wish everyone well and their feathered friends happy too.

Back
Top Bottom