CHICKE CAN STAND ON ITS SIDE

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by thesilkieshack1, Jun 16, 2016.

1. thesilkieshack1

thesilkieshack1 New Egg

Jun 16, 2016
    went out at 2:30 today to do water and it is 96 degrees out so really hot went over to my sizzle pen and I have a frizzeled silkie roo so he is extremely fluffy they drank all there water so I went got them ice water came back he didn't get up to get he normally runs a bit from me but he didn't I picked him up and he would just fall over to his side I brought him in soaked him in cold water gave him water with a syringe and now he's laying on a towel if I lift him up a little to put him on his feet he flap's his wings and freaks out he is a year old

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Keep him inside to cool off, and offer him water. If you have some SaveAChick electrolyte, add some to his water, or you can also give him Pedialyte or Gatorade. Hopefully he will perk up soon. Keep him quiet, but keep giving him the fluids every hour today. Make sure that you have plenty of shade for you chickens and their water, or you can use tarps or tables to help. Change the water in the afternoon or add ice to it. Hopefully he will feel better soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by