Chicken acting drunk

We are new to chickens, so I have no idea about chicken sicknesses. This morning I noticed one of our chickens acting drunk. She's stumbling around and when I pick her up her legs fly out in opposite directions and her head cocks to the side a little. She seems to have a normal amount of energy and she was out foraging for food when I saw her. I have her in with me now and she's asleep in my lap.

As a side note, we got all of our chickens as babies this past March. At the end of July I brought in a new bird so we would have a dozen. The rest of my flock immediately got a respiratory sickness and I had to put them on antibiotics. All was well again until about 3 weeks ago one of my hens started staying in the coop all day long. I thought it was because she was trying to avoid the roosters (we had 4 then, we now have 2 that coexist nicely). She would eat and drink when I brought her food and water then a week later she started breathing bad and stumbling, the next morning she was dead. Other than the respiratory thing, I'm not sure if any of this can be related back to me bringing in that new hen.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

I have two Ayam Cemani chickens a rooster and a hen. They both act drunk. The hen can hardly stand, and the Rooster has a hard time laying down, he also will shake his head. And at random times with start flapping around like he can't control himself.
They, now, live in a kennel in our house. But they used to be apart of a flock of Americana and 3 other Ayam Cemani hens. The Ayam Cemani are a month older than the Americana hens, born in March.

I have two Ayam Cemani chickens a rooster and a hen. They both act drunk. The hen can hardly stand, and the Rooster has a hard time laying down, he also will shake his head. And at random times with start flapping around like he can't control himself.
They, now, live in a kennel in our house. But they used to be apart of a flock of Americana and 3 other Ayam Cemani hens. The Ayam Cemani are a month older than the Americana hens, born in March.
What exactly do you feed?
When was the last time you brought any new to you birds home? How long ago?

Welcome to BYC.

We feed scratch, we haven't brought any new birds since we got them. Then hen was about a month ago. And the rooster was just last week
You don't feed them good enough. That isn't a balanced diet. Can you get chick feed and poultry vitamins tomorrow morning?

Back
Top Bottom