1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Addict

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by angcurdy, Dec 4, 2013.

1. angcurdy

angcurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Carriere, MS
    I started with 25 bantam cochins.. Now I have almost 100.. with eggs in the incubator.

Bantam cochins
    Red Laced Wyandottes
    Buff Orpingtons
    Americaunas
    Silkies
    Sizzles
    Easter Eggers
    Olive Eggers

I just can't say no.. started with a big grower coop.. then the old chicken coop we rebuilt.. put a hole in the side of the barn so they could go into the tack room.. and then during the day they have free roam of the barn with the pigs and goats.. its quite humorous actually.. and we are all happy!!! I just love to go out and spend time watching my chickens roam the barn and barnyard :)

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    It sounds like a wonderful variety of chickens have taken over your farm. You should post photos some time.

3. angcurdy

angcurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Carriere, MS
    I will! I gave them some bread today and it was the funniest thing.. they were feuding and snatching bread.. then walking around clucking like they were proud of themselves for their loot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by