Chicken always calling after being left!

YelleBean

Chirping
Mar 25, 2021
Our oldest girls are about 8-9 weeks old and we have one that is always calling for the others after she’s left behind. It happens if they’re exploring the yard or if they leave the coop to do so. She’s always the last and calls for them. I know she can see so I’m just curious, what are some reasons this may be happening? I just can’t figure it out!

Maybe she can see but not very good or not further then 1 meter? This would explain that she gets lost and is calling for response.

Or maybe she’s just stupid and likes to disturb the peacefull sounds of you’re garden. 🤷🏻‍♀️
She’s one of my sweetest chickens and my guess is they our Pyr that scared her to death a couple times is in her head maybe and so she’s extra cautious. Who knows.

Our oldest girls are about 8-9 weeks old and we have one that is always calling for the others after she’s left behind. It happens if they’re exploring the yard or if they leave the coop to do so. She’s always the last and calls for them. I know she can see so I’m just curious, what are some reasons this may be happening? I just can’t figure it out!
My guess is that she gets distracted easily and when the others move on she is still concentrated on something. By the time she move on she realizes they gone and she calls. My chickens do it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom