Chicken and Duck Eggs in same incubator

chickenlee

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 2, 2010
Kingston
I was wondering if anybody had experience hatching chicken and duck eggs in the same incubator. I was thinking that if I set the chicken eggs (21 days incubation) a week after the ducks (28 days incubation) then they would all hatch out at the same time. I know that ducks have slightly different humidity requirements.....how would you modify to hatch both at the same time? Is it even possible?

I wouldn't think so, but someone may counter this belief. Dunno how you would modify the different humidity requirements; too low and the duck eggs would not do well. Too high for chickens, and the chicks would "drown."

I just set 11 call duck eggs in with three chicken eggs. I have done this before and I do believe that the most important time for humidity is at lock down. We are in a climate that has very low humidity so anything over 45-50% is great for me. I do try to get 80% or better at the duck lockdown. This is my third call duck attempt and the last one I got 6 out of 12. 4 lived to adulthood. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom