Chicken antics........ The Hen House Diaries!!!!

Mothrofchickns

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 29, 2014
Southern Ontario, Canada
I am new to chickens, but not new to animal behaviour! It doesn't matter if it is dog, cat, horse or chicken...they are all unique , and have distinct personalities! I love my girls and see that by observation alone they are very individual and chickens have a lot of personality and give much joy to their care givers!
I came into chicken farming with the attitude of raising food that I would be confident in where it comes from and how it's treated. I am proud to provide good chickens that are grass fed, free range and as organic as you can hope for!! I have learned a lot since I started and only provide chickens that I will gladly feed my family and I know they see the sun every morning and the stars every night!!!
I raise free range meat and eggs chickens on a small scale and enjoy raising them both!
Mother of Chickens!

Welcome.
I have 2 Isa brown hens. They are greate and lay everyday.

Isa Browns are Red Sex Links produced by crossing Rhode Island Red roosters with Rhode Island White hens so that the chicks can be sexed at hatching (males are whitish, females are reddish), and they are egg laying machines. Good luck with your flock.

images

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

Good luck with all your poultry projects and welcome to our flock!

Thank you for all the warm welcomes, I raise mostly rhode island reds, I have a few red sex and black sex link and I have around 8 barred rocks. My meat chickens are White rocks and I have some dual purpose birds that are a special slower growing bird from my local supplier that I a red/rock cross.
I sell my meat chickens to mostly custom orders, but my clients prefer the white rocks because they taste closer to the chicken that they are used to.

My laying hens(10 mature 1 yr old, and 14 that are only 2 months) get run of the roost which is 50 acres but they stick close to home and now that the good weather is here they hang out on my patio furniture, and front porch but I am training them to to stay off the furniture which has been successful but as far as off the porch....I will have many hours ahead of me.

Back
Top Bottom