Chicken are dying Fast 1-2 a day ?

Put layer feed in front of them 24/7, get rid of the corn.

Go to the feed store and get some corid/amprolium as they appear to me to have coccidiosis. They are displaying the standard pose and symptoms in my opinion.

First, if you have one freshly dead, check on sending it to the state vet for necropsy--in many states there is little to no cost for this service.

Is the well water the same water that you use for your drinking water? When was the last time it was tested? In any case, you need to add a bit of bleach to the water to prevent the spread of illness. As was already stated, you need to use a water container where the birds can reach the water. A shallower bowl or bucket will work; that tall bucket doesn't.

Get some blue-kote and apply it to all the places that they have been pecking each other. Change the light to a red bulb.

Get some sweet pdz to cover the moist areas and neutralize ammonia, then cover with a thick layer of shavings.

What did you use to treat for mites? How did you apply, in what dose?

Thank you all for your advice. I am following up on a lot of your advice.

The good news is I have not losted anymore chickens. I am adding more protein tonight, the light is being shut off at night since yesterday. I put them on laying mash, I will add a smaller bowl for them, I am considering to get a dog's watering dish.

Back
Top Bottom