Chicken attacked by stray dogs, flock won't stop attacking her.

Thanks ! My birds (4) are about a year old. I am in the process of getting a new coop built :) however below is a picture I have to show how I keep them close... I put a blanket around it at night with the side open so she can feel like she is with the chicks ...

Today I let her out... Two of the chickens respond respectively to her... There's just one chick the brown one that looks just like her that won't seem to leave her alone so I have to separate them at all times.... I live in Minnesota I'll update my details ... I would like to have two more chicks for a total of 6. I have been feeding her electrolytes, little bit of apple cider vinegar and her water, flaxseed, scrambled egg, and garlic. I spread those treats out in the last week...
IMG_20190526_155626.jpg
IMG_20190526_155626.jpg

Keep her isolated until she is healed. If you can cover the pen at least the top and three sides it will calm her down. Keep her water clean and add ACV (1Tblspn per gallon) braggs with the mother is best.

Well, what I would do, is put the bully in the crate, and let her out with the other birds.

You want them looking at her, I would place the feed right next to the crate so that they are eating together, she is just protected from them.

Adding a single strange bird back is the hardest addition, unless it is a rooster and you only have hens. I know that this bird belonged to the flock but she has been gone 5 days... to them total stranger.

The more you keep them together is best. Separating birds always causes problems. You can still get two more chicks if you want, but it won't help with this problem.

mrs K

Back
Top Bottom