Chicken attacked

Chiknmma

In the Brooder
Jan 23, 2024
Something got ahold of some of my chickens about a week ago and we lost 4. Ms. Pepé survived(I thought she was passed away when I found her). The puncture wounds across her back and under her wing are almost healed completely and she has started to get around finally but with a pretty bad limp. My question is will it ever completely heal and what are some ways I can help it? Also is there any chance of the little dot mark turning into bumble? I've been using a spray on it to hopefully prevent that from happening. Just any advice at all would be great she is actually doing much better already and is steadily getting better daily.
20240301_150159.jpg

Attachments

• 20240301_150102.jpg
    20240301_150102.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240301_150308.jpg
    20240301_150308.jpg
    961.4 KB · Views: 5
There is always a chance of infection in a break in the skin, but you can watch it. Can you get a picture of the other leg or both together?

There is always a chance of infection in a break in the skin, but you can watch it. Can you get a picture of the other leg or both together?
The leg on the left is the bad one. It stays in front like that always now. Kinda hard to get a good pic of her good leg.

Attachments

• 20240301_155817.jpg
    20240301_155817.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240301_155812.jpg
    20240301_155812.jpg
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 4
Hmmm, I just noticed the extra toes. The leg on the left (her right leg) is a little swollen. There could be a sprain or possibly a fracture. I would keep her from over using her legs, no jumping or running. Protect her from her flock in case they attack her. You can bring her out there for visits, but stay with her. When one limps or has trouble walking, it can bring on an attack if they thin something is wrong. A wire dog crate inside the coop with food and water is a good way to keep her with them, but protected in the daytime.

Hmmm, I just noticed the extra toes. The leg on the left (her right leg) is a little swollen. There could be a sprain or possibly a fracture. I would keep her from over using her legs, no jumping or running. Protect her from her flock in case they attack her. You can bring her out there for visits, but stay with her. When one limps or has trouble walking, it can bring on an attack if they thin something is wrong. A wire dog crate inside the coop with food and water is a good way to keep her with them, but protected in the daytime.
Thank u! Also yea she has strange little feet lol

Back
Top Bottom