chicken beak broke. helpp!

AceSierra

Songster
Jun 2, 2020
my silkies beak just broke idk how or what but i dont knoe what to do. its already stopped bleading but he looks like hes in severe pain and keeps clacking his beak. hes also shivering. it broke just before his lower beak starts.
20201222_212124.jpg

The best thing to do now is to keep it chicken inside not outdoors of possible and look around the coop to see if there's anything that could of caused this I had experienced this with my duck his berk got trapped in the wire of its coop and chipped the best thing to do now is to wait it out or call a vet ASAP and monitor him to see if it the bleeding is completely stopped give him lots of water to clear out any blood in mouth and don't give him any hard food that requires him to peck good luck xx

The shivering may be some shock. Maybe add electrolytes to his water. His beak will grow back and the advice about the softened food is a good idea.
I'm glad the bleeding has stopped, the clacking may be that the beak feels funny.

He will be fine, have you ever heard of beak clipping/cutting it is far worse then his and it is practices on a commercial scale (that does not prove anything) but still don't worry :thumbsup

The best thing to do now is to keep it chicken inside not outdoors of possible and look around the coop to see if there's anything that could of caused this I had experienced this with my duck his berk got trapped in the wire of its coop and chipped the best thing to do now is to wait it out or call a vet ASAP and monitor him to see if it the bleeding is completely stopped give him lots of water to clear out any blood in mouth and don't give him any hard food that requires him to peck good luck xx
hes inside now gonna be sleeping in the bed lol. the bleeding looks to have stopped. hes purring and trying to fall asleep now. Anything i should watch out for?

The shivering may be some shock. Maybe add electrolytes to his water. His beak will grow back and the advice about the softened food is a good idea.
I'm glad the bleeding has stopped, the clacking may be that the beak feels funny.
hes all worn out im fixing to go investigate what happened and caused this but thank you will be giving fresh water with vitamins and electrolytes.
20201222_215108.jpg

Back
Top Bottom