Chicken Beak injury- please help

Until you are able to fix the coop and make it predator proof, I would suggest you take the other two girl in as well, as the raccoon will be back for sure.

I'm sorry about your hen :hugs

I agree, it looks bad.

Not sure if you can help her through or not. Some have been able to survive, but it's a long hard road and you would have to be committed to caring for her. She'd have to be willing too of course. Miss Fluffy Bum did survive https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/plese-help-chickens-beak-got-bit-off.848424/

With any injury that severe, putting her down is something I would consider doing. I'm so sorry that you are facing this.

Hi everyone, thank you for your comments. We took her to a local vet and they recommended she be put down. We are just hobby chicken owners and don't have the heart to cull her ourselves so she was put down yesterday by the vet. We fixed the coop before night came, basically there is a gap between the roof and the walls and it was sealed with chicken wire and now we have sealed it with hardware cloth so hopefully no more visits from the raccoon.

Hi everyone, thank you for your comments. We took her to a local vet and they recommended she be put down. We are just hobby chicken owners and don't have the heart to cull her ourselves so she was put down yesterday by the vet. We fixed the coop before night came, basically there is a gap between the roof and the walls and it was sealed with chicken wire and now we have sealed it with hardware cloth so hopefully no more visits from the raccoon.
I am sorry for your loss. :hugs

So sorry. :hugs

:hugs I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom