Chicken Benches (More Pictures) (yet even more chicken benches!!!!!)

Quote:
We tend to get the things done that we need to, dont we?

lol.png
That's the truth!
wee.gif

benches are really nice....i dabble in wood a bit..strickly arts & crafts..not fine furniture...i also use all recycled woods..if you dont mind me giving my 2 cents...primitive is very 'hot' area i am in..the more nicks ..scars..blemishes sometimes are better..adds charactor to piece....sometimes dont try covering these..use to advantage of the piece.... when i first started out i was really cheap on prices..i took items to craft store & they gave me so much insite..no stapling or it looks like imported..screws are ok..but not to be seen..nail heads are allowed to be seen. they also taught me how to sort of figure price items..things i was selling at local shows for $ 9.00...they were able to get me to raise price way up to $36.00..& they still sold like hotcakes. i dont know what to say of your price on benches..sounds reasonable..but have to go more for your area & what it will bear. ...i do wish you luck in selling...& do hope you continue...just thinking..what is it with us farmers..???...seems everyone i know..we are all looking for next project..knowing we cant continue forever farming..bodies wear out too fast from it..so..always lookin ahead..... your momma does a very nice job with paint brush.

soap&eggs :

benches are really nice....i dabble in wood a bit..strickly arts & crafts..not fine furniture...i also use all recycled woods..if you dont mind me giving my 2 cents...primitive is very 'hot' area i am in..the more nicks ..scars..blemishes sometimes are better..adds charactor to piece....sometimes dont try covering these..use to advantage of the piece.... when i first started out i was really cheap on prices..i took items to craft store & they gave me so much insite..no stapling or it looks like imported..screws are ok..but not to be seen..nail heads are allowed to be seen. they also taught me how to sort of figure price items..things i was selling at local shows for $ 9.00...they were able to get me to raise price way up to $36.00..& they still sold like hotcakes. i dont know what to say of your price on benches..sounds reasonable..but have to go more for your area & what it will bear. ...i do wish you luck in selling...& do hope you continue...just thinking..what is it with us farmers..???...seems everyone i know..we are all looking for next project..knowing we cant continue forever farming..bodies wear out too fast from it..so..always lookin ahead..... your momma does a very nice job with paint brush.

Thank You. Yes, she does paint well. I will learn the ins and outs I suppose. I am working on learning joinery so that I can build pieces with no metal in them at all. Thats a goal of mine. My true interest lies in fine dinning tables. That is where I want to get to.​

Those are awesome! Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

You always do such nice work. Wish we lived closer I'd have you build me a couple.
smile.png

hugs.gif

Here are four more benches. The first two that I showed you sold at the first place I took them to. Two of these four have chicken art. I have two more benches almost complete (total of 6). One of those two will have cowboy art on it and the other is going to get a distressed look. The one that is going to get a distressed look will be 4 foot long and 15 inches wide. The rest are 12 inches wide. 3 of them the seats will flip up for storage

I would like to wholesale all six of them. I am looking for ideas on how and who to approach for something like that.

16480_rustic_bench_25_006.jpg

16480_rustic_bench_25_001.jpg

16480_rustic_bench_25_002.jpg

16480_rustic_bench_25_004.jpg

16480_rustic_bench_25_012.jpg

16480_rustic_bench_2_002.jpg

16480_rustic_bench_2_005.jpg

mjd - those benches look great. Do a bunch of them and then either sell yourself/or wholesale to a vendor at the big flea market there at/near Houston. (Friends living in that area are always showing me things they found there.)

Quote:
I have not been to a flea market in a while. My last wife drove me crazy with flea markets. That is a good venue though. I was also thinking of the art district in Houston too. Thank You for the good idea.

Great benches, Tex! I'm loving that dark one in the back.

Where ya been? I haven't heard from you in a while. How's life and all that accompanies it?

Quote:
I've been lurking around here and there. Thank You, I too like the dark one in the back. Life and its by products are good so far. Having a great time. Still single. Still selling eggs. I generally sneak in once or twice a week and check on yall. Most of the time in stealth mode.

Back
Top Bottom