Chicken Boarders

sixsojourners

Hatching
Oct 5, 2016
Hi everyone! We are moving from Colorado to Idaho, Boise Meridian area. We don't close on our home for 14 days and I have no idea where to board my chickens. ANY ideas??

frow.gif
Hi, and welcome to BYC!

Have you talked to any of your current neighbors about it? What about friends or family?

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Sadly no one really boards chickens. Largely due to disease concerns; there'd be no feasible way to keep multiple flocks on the same premises with correct quarantine measures. I'd agree with @silkiecuddles regarding contacting neighbors and family.

Hi and welcome to BYC. I wish you the best of luck finding a temporary home for your flock.

All the best
CT

Greetings from Kansas, sixsojourners, and :welcome. Great to have you aboard! Hope you find someone to board your birds or enlist a neighbor to care for them in your absence. Best of luck! :)

Hi there and welcome to Backyard chickens! I have to say, if you are planning on moving that far, you might want to just sell them and get more in Idaho, that is a long trip for chickens, and chickens never do well on long trips like that. I had a friend that moved about 4 hours, borrowed a livestock trailer and put her 24 chickens in it, drove carefully, and when she got to her new house, only 8 were still alive. Good luck!

Thank you everyone for your help! We found a boarder for our chickens - our first call was a success. :) I must say the folks in Boise and Meridian are so friendly and welcoming! :) Thank again everyone!

Back
Top Bottom