Chicken breed and sexing help. All from tractor supply!

Yes, the bantams are very small compared to the others of the same age. Probably 1/2 to 1/3 the size. I also saw welsummer as an option? But not sure they come in bantam size.

Welsummers should not have those white feathers, so I'm pretty sure your bantams are not Welsummers. (Welsummer Bantams apparently do exist, because I've seen them listed on at least one hatchery website.)

Welsummers should not have those white feathers, so I'm pretty sure your bantams are not Welsummers. (Welsummer Bantams apparently do exist, because I've seen them listed on at least one hatchery website.)
I read the speckled sussex have the pinkish legs and these definitely have them! Do you think still male even beinf bantams and SS? I read a bit ago that SS develop combs faster than other breeds. I am hoping at least Bob is a girl! It is my 2yr olds and literally anlap chick already, along with 1 amberlink? and the jersey giant? Fingers crossed!!

I read the speckled sussex have the pinkish legs and these definitely have them! Do you think still male even beinf bantams and SS? I read a bit ago that SS develop combs faster than other breeds. I am hoping at least Bob is a girl! It is my 2yr olds and literally anlap chick already, along with 1 amberlink? and the jersey giant? Fingers crossed!!

If they are bantams, they are probably not Speckled Sussex.

If you want to see pictures of Spangled Old English Game Bantams, this hatchery page has quite a few:
https://www.cacklehatchery.com/product/spangled-old-english-game-bantam/
(Even if yours did not come from that hatchery, they might be that breed and look similar as they grow up.)

Of course I can't be positive about gender at that age, but 26, 27, 28 all looked like males to me.

Old English Game Bantams (OEGB) can be friendly and easily tamed, so I'm not surprised that it's a favorite, no matter which gender.

You could try to influence your 2 year old by deliberately interacting with other chicks (more likely to be female), and making sure to name them and talk about them. That might be enough to change which ones are favorites.

Only obvious cockerels are 26, 28, and potentially 27. For the ones old enough to sex, all look to be pullets.
1-likely White Leghorn or White Rock
2-likely Easter Egger
3-likely Black Sex Link or Asian Black
4-Production Red
5-Black Australorp is probable, but should wait until older to tell
6-likely White Leghorn or White Rock
7-Production Red
8-Columbian Wyandotte
9-White Leghorn
10-Buff Orpington
11-likely Sapphire Gem
12-Columbian Wyandotte
13-has leg color of Orpington but looks dark... is it the same color as 10 in real life?
14-very likely Black Australorp
15-Buff Orpington
16-Columbian Wyandotte
17-likely White Rock
18-Buff Orpington
19-likely Sapphire Gem
20-Austra White
21-very likely Black Australorp
22-Gold Laced Wyandotte
23-Easter Egger
24-likely Sapphire Gem
25-White Leghorn
26-Spangled Old English Game Bantam
27-thinking Columbian Rock
28-Spangled Old English Game Bantam
29-Barred Rock
30-Delaware
31-White Leghorn
32-Barred Rock
33-White Leghorn
34-Delaware
35-Barred Rock
36-Barred Rock

Only obvious cockerels are 26, 28, and potentially 27. For the ones old enough to sex, all look to be pullets.
1-likely White Leghorn or White Rock
2-likely Easter Egger
3-likely Black Sex Link or Asian Black
4-Production Red
5-Black Australorp is probable, but should wait until older to tell
6-likely White Leghorn or White Rock
7-Production Red
8-Columbian Wyandotte
9-White Leghorn
10-Buff Orpington
11-likely Sapphire Gem
12-Columbian Wyandotte
13-has leg color of Orpington but looks dark... is it the same color as 10 in real life?
14-very likely Black Australorp
15-Buff Orpington
16-Columbian Wyandotte
17-likely White Rock
18-Buff Orpington
19-likely Sapphire Gem
20-Austra White
21-very likely Black Australorp
22-Gold Laced Wyandotte
23-Easter Egger
24-likely Sapphire Gem
25-White Leghorn
26-Spangled Old English Game Bantam
27-thinking Columbian Rock
28-Spangled Old English Game Bantam
29-Barred Rock
30-Delaware
31-White Leghorn
32-Barred Rock
33-White Leghorn
34-Delaware
35-Barred Rock
36-Barred Rock
Thank you so much!!! I looked up the austra white and think that is a great chance!
13 is a bit darker than the other 3, but theyre pretty close. I believe all 4 are buff orpington.
Number 3 is supposed to be jersey giant, so hopefully they got that right at TSC!
Super bummed everyone thinks 26 and 28 are males. Since they are rhe only bantams, we may make a separate area for them. I hink they are more likely speckled sussex though. Rhe pictures of those are identical to our babies. The spangled old english just doesnt quite match the way the speckled sussex does. I am hoping for SS and that they have early comb development! Lol.
I really appreciate the time you took to help me out and fingers crossed the rest of these babies end up being hens!
I THINK the older 2, the delawares that some are guessing male and then my 2 bantams, actually would not have come from the pullet bins. At rhenpoint we got them i didnt know what pullet or bantam even meant 😖 I cant remember about the delawares. We had all 6 kids with us going crazy to get our first(was supposed to be only) chicks so that visit is kinda blurry amd hubs must not have used my number bc they arent on my purchase history.
So, hopefully al pullets from here on out! Lol.
Thanks again!!!

Thank you so much!!! I looked up the austra white and think that is a great chance!
13 is a bit darker than the other 3, but theyre pretty close. I believe all 4 are buff orpington.
Number 3 is supposed to be jersey giant, so hopefully they got that right at TSC!
Super bummed everyone thinks 26 and 28 are males. Since they are rhe only bantams, we may make a separate area for them. I hink they are more likely speckled sussex though. Rhe pictures of those are identical to our babies. The spangled old english just doesnt quite match the way the speckled sussex does. I am hoping for SS and that they have early comb development! Lol.
I really appreciate the time you took to help me out and fingers crossed the rest of these babies end up being hens!
I THINK the older 2, the delawares that some are guessing male and then my 2 bantams, actually would not have come from the pullet bins. At rhenpoint we got them i didnt know what pullet or bantam even meant 😖 I cant remember about the delawares. We had all 6 kids with us going crazy to get our first(was supposed to be only) chicks so that visit is kinda blurry amd hubs must not have used my number bc they arent on my purchase history.
So, hopefully al pullets from here on out! Lol.
Thanks again!!!
Sorry! I mistyped! I meant California White. Both are mixed breeds, but California Whites typically have yellow legs which yours appears to have :) Beautiful birds! Many are a bit too young to sex accurately, so update the younger ones in a few weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom