Chicken Breed Focus - Marsh Daisy

Four months since my first reply on this thread. Anyone else own the Marsh Daisy breed?
I purchased mine last July. I had to place one of the roosters because of a straight comb.
My pullet started laying, finally, at six months - that would be this month.
She hit the ground running by laying, not small eggs as I expected, but close to full size.
She gives me an egg a day, so far. I am very pleased wtih her.
Both have nice green legs and rose combs and I like their looks and temperments.
I do have to keep them in a covered run. It is very easy for the to fly the coop.

Such a great breed. Efficient layer, calm, large eggs and easy to look at.

Nope...I don't have Marsh Daisy, but did a lot of research on their history about 5 years ago and the breed has help my interest since then. :)

I am need to come see your Marsh Daisy's when I am in SLC this June. :)

Four months since my first reply on this thread. Anyone else own the Marsh Daisy breed?
I purchased mine last July. I had to place one of the roosters because of a straight comb.
My pullet started laying, finally, at six months - that would be this month.
She hit the ground running by laying, not small eggs as I expected, but close to full size.
She gives me an egg a day, so far. I am very pleased wtih her.
Both have nice green legs and rose combs and I like their looks and temperments.
I do have to keep them in a covered run. It is very easy for the to fly the coop.

Such a great breed. Efficient layer, calm, large eggs and easy to look at.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom