Chicken Breed Focus - Nankin

I show and breed Single Comb Nankins. I have had both Single comb (SC) and Rose Comb (RC) 'Varieties' in the past, but now only have the SC variety. This breed has the best temperament. The males are very easy to handle. The hens lay a small off white egg. I ship eggs in the spring and mature birds in the fall, NO chicks. My flock is NPIP certified. My cock won NCA National and ABA National @ the 2014 Ohio National.

I am currently the District Director for the District 7 of the Nankin Club of America (NCA). My District states include: Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, the UK and Canada. I encourage people to seek out this breed as a backyard flock or for exhibition. The NCA does NOT have a Web site at this time HOWEVER we do have a Facebook site. Feel free to check it out! The Nankin Club of America welcomes new members.

@mollybeth Thank you for sharing those beautiful photo's! I don't know who's the cutest, the little guys or the chicks
love.gif

I am the only one in Colorado showing a Nankin, but sadly I found out that my girl is too big, but I would like to get more so if anyone could please pm me for you ship peeps or are in Colorado with show quality.

I am not great at taking pictures, sorry.
I originally got my rose comb and single comb Nankins to brood and raise my Crevecoeurs. I found that the Nankins are great parents, and they readily accept extra Crevecoeur chicks (introduced at night) into their family. This is a photo of a Nankin pair raising their own and a few Crevecoeur chicks. You can see the difference in size between the Nankin and Crevecoeur chicks, but the parents make sure everyone gets along.
Nankins & CCs IMG_20170520_164216300.jpg

I keep the Nankins in 1/2 inch by 1 inch welded wire cages for their safety. Be aware--a baby Nankin can walk right through 1x1 inch welded wire caging without ruffling a feather!
As they grow, the chicks get too big for mom-hen to fully cover. That's when dad-roo kicks in his share of warmth.
Nankin parents, CC Chicks IMG_20170502_200055788.jpg

Back
Top Bottom