Chicken Breed Focus - Polish

Pics
Just wanted to share Bon Jovi and Ricky Sambora are always together never find one without the other. I am guess they are Def pullets as they are over 8 weeks now and no waddles.

here they are trying to sleep in the big girls coop. But went back out and they were back in the store bought coop with their other sisters they came up with.

I am looking for a quality buff polish rooster as a mate for my hen. She is only about two months old now. So, I have time to find the right rooster. I am just wondering where is the best place to start looking? I prefer local so I can see the rooster first hand before purchasing, but I will by a good rooster that needs to be shipped if he is good enough. I want the best personality as well as looks for my girl.

I am looking for a quality buff polish rooster as a mate for my hen. She is only about two months old now. So, I have time to find the right rooster. I am just wondering where is the best place to start looking? I prefer local so I can see the rooster first hand before purchasing, but I will by a good rooster that needs to be shipped if he is good enough. I want the best personality as well as looks for my girl.
My buff laced polish chick (About 3 1/2 months) is starting to look like a rooster. I can't be sure yet, but, I don't know If I will be allowed to keep them if they are a rooster. My dad says its fine but my mom says no... (will have to see)

If she ends up being a "he", and the answer to keeping "him" is "no", I live in AZ. I could ask if you could buy "him" if she is a "him" ^^

here are some photos. He/She is quite a quirky little chikee.

Last edited:
Well Squishy is now 20 weeks old, so tell me if she still a she? It looks like tail saddle feathers to me but no crowing that I have heard!

Last edited:
Hello....do little red wattles automatically mean rooster? Also.... I have chicks hatched 5/21 that are already starting to crow (so I know those are roosters) is this normal for Polish? My silkies didn't start until they were about 6 months.

I have chicks! I have a polish rooster, and my Sliver Laced Wyndotte went broody and sat on a clutch of about 12 eggs. I saw a little white chick looking out from under the hen today and heard several others peeping. I'll take some pictures when she brings them out from under the azailea bushes. I'm so excited!

Back
Top Bottom