Chicken Breed Focus - Polish

Pics
Even though some of my photos Might look on the photoshoped side, the're real! I picked my two polish cause, they keep going like this... " I'm awake!" : falls into sleep mode : "Wait" "was I just taking a power nap?" " Or was it just me?"
They did that LOL

love.gif
They just arrived this morning!!!
wee.gif

I can't seem to find much info on genetics for Polish. I ordered WC Blue eggs and when they hatched I got WC black and a pure white one. They are gorgeous and I am super happy but wondering what colors I can cross. I will have 2 WC Black (one s frizzle), 1 white, 2 silver lace (one is frizzle), 4 buff lace (3 are frizzle). I have WC blue (another person) hatching soon.

I know not to cross frizzle to frizzle. What will I get with WC Black to White, WC Black to WC Blue, White to WC Blue? Are the laced ones only to bred to their same colors?

Are the WC Black and the solid white possibilities of WC Blue to WC Blue or did I just get mixed up eggs?

Thanks!!

I just adopted a Buff Laced Polish Chick, her name is Dory <3

Cant wait for her to be all pretty when she is older, but for now, Im just gonna enjoy her being small. (The other chick in the pic is a week old silver laced wyandotte)

I can't seem to find much info on genetics for Polish. I ordered WC Blue eggs and when they hatched I got WC black and a pure white one. They are gorgeous and I am super happy but wondering what colors I can cross. I will have 2 WC Black (one s frizzle), 1 white, 2 silver lace (one is frizzle), 4 buff lace (3 are frizzle). I have WC blue (another person) hatching soon. I know not to cross frizzle to frizzle. What will I get with WC Black to White, WC Black to WC Blue, White to WC Blue? Are the laced ones only to bred to their same colors? Are the WC Black and the solid white possibilities of WC Blue to WC Blue or did I just get mixed up eggs? Thanks!!
I'm not very good with colours :( Here is a chart that may help ~ http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html I did breed WCB with silver lace and I got solid black or solid white chicks.
I just adopted a Buff Laced Polish Chick, her name is Dory B] Cant wait for her to be all pretty when she is older, but for now, Im just gonna enjoy her being small. (The other chick in the pic is a week old silver laced wyandotte)
Congratulations :celebrate Dory is beautiful :love

Ok proud mommas and daddy's of polish chicks. I need help on sex of my 5 week olds. Please tell me that it's not all boys. It was supposed to be all pullets. That's all we want right now.
Please don't kill the messenger. .but...they all look like boy hairdos to me :\ Your Gold Laced (2nd picture) looks like there is a chance it could be a girl still... I'm not an expert by any means, but my girls always seem to have a round crest and the boys either sweeps to the back or is completely wild... the easiest way to tell is look at individual feathers in the crest..if the end of the feather is round, it's a girl..if they're sharp/pointy looking, it's a boy

Please don't kill the messenger. .but...they all look like boy hairdos to me :\ Your Gold Laced (2nd picture) looks like there is a chance it could be a girl still... I'm not an expert by any means, but my girls always seem to have a round crest and the boys either sweeps to the back or is completely wild... the easiest way to tell is look at individual feathers in the crest..if the end of the feather is round, it's a girl..if they're sharp/pointy looking, it's a boy
I am with you their dogs look like boys but the last one for sure is. You can see his waddled comming in which from my understanding is a sure sign for boy. Red behind the beaks and waddles

Back
Top Bottom