0910161120-00.jpg
Goldy
Goldie@age 5weeks.jpg
Goldy Jr. (Twinkie Jr.).jpg
Goldy's Baby boy
1223161327-05.jpg
0910161121-00.jpg

Very nice!
We only have the one Sebright: "Trouble." As her name implies, she's plenty for us. They are a fun little breed & so striking. Trouble goes broody a couple times a year but her eggs are never fertile. The rooster she lives with is too big - about 5xs her size! Our daughter tried to let our Serama breed her. The Serama did his best little dance & she beat him up for his efforts. I guess she'll never be hatching her own eggs.

Our tough Sebright (named Trouble) turned 4 years old today. She's been broody and sitting on decorative rock eggs for a couple weeks. I slipped 2 pipped eggs under her this afternoon. One has already hatched, and I'll be gradually loading her up with incubator chicks tomorrow. "Happy Hatch Day, Trouble!" x2

I just peeked in on her:
IMG_8006.JPG

Meanwhile in the incubator....

Another 100% hatch (from all the eggs that made to lockdown. I did have some "clears" and 1 quitter during the 1st week.)
Throughout the day, the chicks were gradually moved to mama sebright. They've all been accepted and are doing well.
IMG_8056 copy.jpg
IMG_8062 copy.jpg
IMG_8071 copy.jpg

I've got 5 supposedly sebright x old english game(could also be purebred of either... not really sure). One hen looks just like a gold laced sebright, and the roo is an incomplete silver laced... Just wondering how long it usually takes for these guys to reach full size??? I can't seem to find it anywhere, so figured I'd ask. Right now mine are like 10 weeks old and range from 9-12ish oz.

When I had sebrights they grew up fast! However, as they get older their combs and color tends to change some. They acted mature when they were really young, but it took them a while to fully grow into their behavior : )

This is my very first flock. Can anyone help in identifying the sex of them? I’m suspicious that I only have two pullets (one is hiding in the back) but I’m really not sure and there’s a lot of conflicting information out there.

Attachments

• EE03E976-DF92-48C5-9455-161E152BEE73.jpeg
    EE03E976-DF92-48C5-9455-161E152BEE73.jpeg
    663.8 KB · Views: 11
We got our little sebright from the feed store too. My oldest wanted his own bantams to raise and named them Eenie, Meenie, Miney and Moe.... Moe is the sebright and is so full of spunk and personality!

He/ she (still quite young so it's very hard to tell yet, but I'm leaning heavily toward hen) decided at two weeks old that flying out of their brooder and into the brooder with our 5 day old roosters was THE place to be. Haha! Every morning Moe would be chilling on top of their waterer snoozing away. the walls were almost two foot high and this baby cleared them with ease flat footed.

Moe is my profile picture now. We absolutely love this little bird! I look forward to seeing how Moe takes to my Phoenix chickens once they're old enough to go outside. :)

Our Sebright Trouble turned 5 years old this week. She's still the boss queen over all the other LF birds. Normally, she's broody or already has chicks on her birthday, but for some reason has not gone broody yet. She's laying daily, so I expect her broody switch is about to be flipped.
IMG_4084 (2).JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

Back
Top Bottom