Chicken Breed Focus - Welsummer

Here are ours at approximately 4 weeks along with our Buffs. As I pointed out, the eyeliner and skull caps on the little boy in the second picture has started to fade out and look at those black breast feathers coming in! While the little girl in the first picture is keeping her eyeliner and the breast feathers are coming in salmon colored.

I was actually planning on taking a picture a week every Friday until she's full grown and then posting the whole timeline... Stay tuned for a "Growth of a Welsummer" thread in a few months.

Just picked up 3 pullets and a Cockrell. ...they are blending very well with my older pullets and hens. I decided to add these to my flock because of the rave reviews of the breed. And i Love the Roo's coloring and the chocolate colored eggs of the hens.

Love my 10 week old Wellie pullet, Cornelia. She went through an awkward stage, when her brooder sisters were nice and fluffy she had lots of pin feathers but she finally has her beautiful reddish, brown, orange and gold coloring. I'm hoping for speckled eggs but dark would be fine too, our BCMs hen passed a month ago.

Earlier this week at 9 weeks

This morning at 10 weeks

Love my 10 week old Wellie pullet, Cornelia. She went through an awkward stage, when her brooder sisters were nice and fluffy she had lots of pin feathers but she finally has her beautiful reddish, brown, orange and gold coloring. I'm hoping for speckled eggs but dark would be fine too, our BCMs hen passed a month ago.

Earlier this week at 9 weeks

This morning at 10 weeks

Very nice!

Have to put my 2 cents in here. I absolutely ADORE my Wellie! I have an extremely diverse flock...EEs, Marans, Wyandottes, Buff Orps, Jersey Giants, Brahmas and even a Silkie but Junebug, my Wellie is the apple of my eye! Love her to pieces. She loves to be snuggled and even puts up with handling by the kids. I will never be without at least one!

Back
Top Bottom