Chicken cams

Stargrazer

Chirping
Oct 31, 2018
New Port Richey
So, I have two ptz cameras I use to watch my small flock. One inside the coop and one outside.
I'm wondering if anyone is interested in viewing them live as well?
Not sure how to do that but I enjoy watching or checking on them while away and at home. If anyone is interested and knows how to make that possible I'm willing to share.

Attachments

• A4DA2231BAEC_1541784596094.png
    A4DA2231BAEC_1541784596094.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
I used to have live cameras for my chickens too. I loved watching them when I was in school. I would worry about them when I was away so I always had a tab open :lol:. I've always wanted to watch the life of a broody hen, that would be very interesting to watch if you ever get a broody.

Youtube has a Live option.
Do you use Youtube?
There may be a way for you to stream live from your cameras to Youtube if they are connected to a computer or mobile device.

I found this info about my camera:You can share your Wyze Cam with anyone who has a Wyze account and the Wyze App installed on their smartphone. Shared users can access the camera’s live stream feed and will receive notifications for alert videos, but cannot change camera settings.
If anyone is interested that way I will try sending an invite to your email.
I tried with my desktop and it didn't work.

I use a nest cam to view my flock. We just got a lean-to built this past weekend but the air stapler crapped out just as we were putting up the hardware cloth so we ran out and purchased an electric one so we could finish the job. It kept jamming though! <grrr> So its been secured but there are a lot of areas that can be breached. It is no where near as secure as it should be since we don't close the coop door at night but considering that they use to be in a dog pen with aviary netting they are no less safer than they have been for the past year. Just hope they survive another week! Meet Trixie (currently molting), Sadie, Heidi, and Dee Dee. 1 year-old Buckeye hens. Chicken cam: https://video.nest.com/live/qfmoCO92XH

I use a nest cam to view my flock. We just got a lean-to built this past weekend but the air stapler crapped out just as we were putting up the hardware cloth so we ran out and purchased an electric one so we could finish the job. It kept jamming though! <grrr> So its been secured but there are a lot of areas that can be breached. It is no where near as secure as it should be since we don't close the coop door at night but considering that they use to be in a dog pen with aviary netting they are no less safer than they have been for the past year. Just hope they survive another week! Meet Trixie (currently molting), Sadie, Heidi, and Dee Dee. 1 year-old Buckeye hens. Chicken cam: https://video.nest.com/live/qfmoCO92XH
It is a great quailty image! I like how it has sound too! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Have you tried setting up a livestream with it via YouTube? I think Wyze cam can stream from there now. Set up your account get your stream running and either make it public or shareable with a link you'd obviously post here. The learning curve is pretty easy so big plus, at least it was for me.:)
Been trying to figure out how to share the feed from my cameras. No luck. Have no idea how to do that. Sorry. Was hoping I could figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom