Chicken can’t walk properly

B-12 is one of the panoply of B vitamins. You want B-2 or B-complex which may be sold as B-50 or B-100. Vitamins are vitamins. Any warm blooded animal can benefit from them.
Thank you for your input, have started giving my chicken B. Complex dissolved in water, and then put in a bit of chick starter.

Dissolving a tablet in water is a fine way of delivering B to baby chicks as they don't require a large dose, but to make any difference to older ones, you need to pop the entire tablet into her beak. Once a day. Giving a capsule of vitamin E could also help if this is neurological and not just a B vitamin deficiency.

Open the beak and shove the pill inside. It goes down like magic.

Dissolving a tablet in water is a fine way of delivering B to baby chicks as they don't require a large dose, but to make any difference to older ones, you need to pop the entire tablet into her beak. Once a day. Giving a capsule of vitamin E could also help if this is neurological and not just a B vitamin deficiency.

Open the beak and shove the pill inside. It goes down like magic.
I’ll try the vitamin E thing as well, but I’m worried she’ll choke on the tablet cause it’s somewhat large.

Chickens have no teeth for a reason. They don't need them because they "chew" their food in their gizzard. So they swallow things whole. People think because they would choke on something swallowed whole, their chickens would, too, but it's not the same at all.

Pop a big pill into a chicken's beak and it will slide directly down into the crop.

Back
Top Bottom