Chicken can't walk !!!!!up date!!!!!!!

kiya4jah

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 13, 2008
My hen had rickets pretty bad. I have been treating her with Poly Sol and yogurt. I thought I might have to cull her as she didn't show any signs of improving. She got real good at getting around on her hocks so I thought I would let nature take it's course. Last night after her vitamins and a few pets she walked when I put her down. On her feet for about 10 steps. When she came out of the coop this morning with her sisters she walked again. YEAH. Thank you to everyone who helped me figure out what I needed to do to treat her condition.
lol.png
big_smile.png

One of the reasons it is so helpful is that it is exclusively A-B-D vitamins mainly and not all the other multitude of micronutrients etc (which are also very essential in some cases but many have a very narrow therapeutic range and you can easily overdose in trying to get a therapeutic amount of say A or B or in this case D3)) ...this means (when you suspect that a higher dose of one of these is recquired ) is possible without overdosing on some of the others with a narrow therapeutic range . A vitamin is a vitamin whether it is sold for human or veterinary consumption... only the dosage is different.

Back
Top Bottom