Chicken can't walk

Well, far from 100%. I put her with the other 3 hens in the run this morning. She ate, walked around some. Then she sits and sleeps. Repeat. Around 6, I went to check on her and she was laying on her side as if she fell and couldn't get up. Now she is in dog crate in run with cold water and food. She is just laying there. I don't believe she will improve much more. I really don't know if I should cull her or not. I hate to see her suffer. Thank you so much for asking about her.

Well, far from 100%. I put her with the other 3 hens in the run this morning. She ate, walked around some. Then she sits and sleeps. Repeat. Around 6, I went to check on her and she was laying on her side as if she fell and couldn't get up. Now she is in dog crate in run with cold water and food. She is just laying there. I don't believe she will improve much more. I really don't know if I should cull her or not. I hate to see her suffer. Thank you so much for asking about her.
She will not recover from this and will always have fluid building up. If you feel the need to cull her and end her suffering then you may want to do so.
How full is her abdomen now?

Attachments

• 20220721_072507.jpg
    20220721_072507.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom