Chicken containment or fence ideas

Geordonbuck223

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 7, 2011
I am looking for ideas for a type of chicken fence or containment that isn't a sore thumb that blends in with the woods....not chicken wire of welded wire....any ideas??????

Have you ever thought of free ranging your chickens. That way there will not be an eyesore. The chickens get plenty of grass and space from one another, then you can lock them up at night to keep then away from predators.\

Hope this helped,
Alexandra

Yes I have thought of free ranging but I have neighbors that would might mind...mot sure though and I don't want them eating my grass and my neighbors fertilized grass.....and I'm looking for something that stay well in the mud I tried netting but it just won't stay in the wet mud

I use 7' tall deer net like you get at HD or Lowes to make temporary runs and to keep chickens out of my garden but it's offers no protection against predators.

Maybe you need to go the other way and make a fence that looks like a fence? If you use a tall picket type or something else you find attractive, then it won't be an eyesore. You can run chicken wire along the inside of the fence to keep the birds in. You won't see the chicken wire at all from a distance, just the pretty fence.

You will need it to be at least 4' tall to keep birds in, more if you don't want to clip wings.

I used dog kennels and bought some aviary netting quite reasonably off of Amazon for the top, it doesn't look bad but then again I am not in a hoity toity neighborhood in town where things have to be fancy and decorative either.

Back
Top Bottom