Chicken Coop, Central Missouri

zooarch

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
I have accepted that I have no carpentry skills. I'm okay with this. I'm looking for a 4x4 or 4x6 coop with at least 2 nest boxes. Would prefer that it is fully enclosed with windows/vents as this will be attached to an established run. I hate to put a price range because I'm willing to spend more for something more complicated/large/materials. Just send me a message/email with either a picture, illustration or amazing description and price.

Thanks! I love the looks of the coop and it is just about perfect for what we want, but I wouldn't be able to come and get it and I doubt that you would want to drive it to me. I googled it and the trip looks to be about 8 hours. Thanks again!

My husband built me a nice coop with an enclosed run underneath it. It doesn't have the outside access nest boxes. We are in Jefferson City Missouri. He also put gutters on it and a rain barrell on one side. It cost us between 400-500$ to build, if you want ideas. I also have a shed that we are currently using with storm windows that has my younger bantams in it that is on skids. It is 6x6. If you want to come down and look and get ideas, you're welcome to visit. My husband likes weekend projects. He also built me a chicken tractor that I think would be a bit sturdier with tin instead of the plastic corrugated roofing, but you get the idea.

6152_img_3139.jpg

Whatever design chosen, make certain you have access when the snows come. That proved a major consideration this last winter. Think wind break and walkway that is easy to clear off.

Thanks everybody! We have a coop that is functional, but just not what my husband and I want. The big problem is that it is too small for the number of chickens that we want to have and that it does not have a big door for cleaning. I've got my hopes that the backyard chicken coop book will help our problems. THANKS!

Quote:
If we owned our house then I would do it, but as it is we are renting (our chickens were a part of our pet deposit) and we can't put something like a car port on the property. Thanks for the idea though!

Back
Top Bottom