chicken coop names...

Well, I just came up with a name (to be put on a sign) for my very first coop, the A-Frame "tractor" which will never be moved from where it was built: "Gallinas Linda" - because my name in Spanish means "Cute" and "Gallinas" means hens. My best friend and I refer to it as the Linda Coop, to differentiate it from the eBay coop I bought. And the new coop I built is simply New Coop. (But as I posted previously, I want a sign for it to read "Chez Poulet."

I was surprised to learn "Linda" translates as "cute." I always thought Cielito Lindo meant "Beautiful Heaven." What the heck is "Cute Heaven????"

I really like Pullet Chalet...I think someone else on BYC has that name, and I apologize for not knowing their name...but I like it so much I have been referring to our hen house as the Pullet Chalet.
hide.gif

I call mine "The Clucker Bunker"; Chirp Chirp Squadron 5, they are my tactical team of grasshopper eaters.
I have five breeds of chickens. The coop also has a sign on it "D.D. Chickens", just because those are my initials.
I say Double D Chickens. But then I thought that may get confused with DD Grade eggs!
tongue.gif
Not
sickbyc.gif

A little late to the thread, but I've been trying to think of names too for our new all-in-one coop we're building! (right now, we have 4 smaller coops on premises and it can be hectic trying to get them all cleaned out, make sure all the feeders and waterers are filled, etc) All suggestions or previous names listed are very clever.

I Googled tonight for some ideas and saw a bumper sticker that just said "Cluck"... then I thought "Cluck 'n' Hut"! Not sure if that's what I'll name ours, but it's a start and I have a bit of time.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom