Chicken Coop on a trailer

ODellEquip

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
I have an old utility trailer with a bent axle that I would like to make into a coop. It has a wire mesh floor that droppings would fall through. I want to use it in conjunction with an electric net movable fence. I was wondering if any of you have made a coop on a trailer before, and if so if you could post some pics or give any advice. thanks

We haven't made one yet, but we plan on starting one as soon as we build 2 more trampoline hoop houses.

We were looking at this site:
http://www.henspa.com/henhotel.htm

I know we can build one for a lot less than $7700.00, but it is a place to start looking at for ideas.
I saw another one somewhere else, but can't remember where.
If I find it or if we get one started, I'll let you know.

Jean

Thanks. Something like that but built on a 4x8 trailer. It has a bent axle but would pull through the pasture easy. That looks like it was built over a boat trailer. I hope to use the side rails on the utility trailer for a base of some sort. If any of you have any other ideas let me know. I would also really like to see some pics.

My daughter built one that sits on the ground so the chickens can forage. It has wheels at the back and handle in the front for moving when it is tipped up. It's secured on the bottom with wire to discourage predators. I'm going to build one when I get my peeps in Florida, called a chicken truck. Swany

My daughter built one that sits on the ground so the chickens can forage. It has wheels at the back and handle in the front for moving when it is tipped up. It's secured on the bottom with wire to discourage predators. I'm going to build one when I get my peeps in Florida, called a chicken truck. Swany

Welcome to BYC!!...just note that this thread is 5 years old.....but I think you should start a new thread with pics of your daughters trailer coop as lots of people would be very interested in it.

Back
Top Bottom