Chicken coop out of pallets in AZ?

Grampa with chickens - very impressive use of creative talent!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks all,
The engineering took the most time. Looking at what I had to work with and then measure 15 times just to figure out how things would come together. Then busting up the pallets was time consuming. And of course, just construction time took time too.

This is my pallet creation. The pallet wood that I had access to was some specialized pallets that they had made for some air conditioning units. So I took them apart and made the main frame. Then I have used the slats and two by fours from pallets combined with other wood to make what has turned into a hot weather well ventilated coop. The front does not have much openness except for the door, but the ends and the back side are all wire except for the frame. The two roof sections will hinge up to allow ventilation. I have chicken wire under the roof panels attached to the frame so that they can't get out or predators in. The coop is approximately 9.5 ft long, 3.5 ft wide, 4ft high on the front side and 6 ft on the back side. I can stand up in the coop as I go in the entry way and it seems very easy to get around in if need be. I have the roost on the one end and the nest box is attached protruding out of the coop on the right side of the door, allowing more inside coop space. I plan to come out of the right end with a run that will allow them to come out under the tree I have next to the coop. Let me know if you have any questions. It's seems very functional for 4-6 chickens.

27085_dsc08986.jpg

27085_p1020043.jpg

Back
Top Bottom