Chicken coop plans...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by PGChicks, Mar 8, 2009.

1. PGChicks

PGChicks New Egg

Mar 7, 2009
    Been trying to look on the web for any free plans for building coops but with no luck! Does anyone know of any good sites with this info... or does anyone have any plans of one they could share with me?

Any help would be great!

2. LauraM

LauraM Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2009
    Everett, WA
    My husband found lots of good pics by going to Borders Books. Our library has lots of books, too (all checked out right now!). We found lots and lots of pics on the internet, but not enough details!

3. Schroeder

Schroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
  4. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    tartergate.com

mammy's 1895 chicken house

my dream house [​IMG] free plans

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  5. BoJo

BoJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    Dawsonville, Ga
    We actually were looking at some on youtube!!!

BoJo

6. SewingDiva

SewingDiva Chillin' With My Peeps

7. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

We got our plans from :

mystorageshed.org..... ( I think that is the name?? ) Hope so and good luck! [​IMG]

8. digitS'

digitS' Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    ID/WA border
    Mystorageshed.org was a dead end, as was mystorageshed.com . . . ?

Tartergate.com brings up zero on the homepage. Using their search for "mammy's 1895 chicken house" brought up nothing. Nothing was found just using "chicken house." I had to use google search with "site:tartergate.com" to find the page to download "Mammy's 1895 chicken house."

At 8' by 16', Mammy's may be a bit large. The Purina plans, SewingDiva posted, are about right for a very small backyard flock. The 6' by 6' Buildeazy plans from Schroeder look good. Nice to have the material list.

And then there's this 5' by 8' house from a British site (despite the image what must be one of America's homeliest "farmers" at the top of the page [​IMG]).

I just came across these plans for an 8' by 8' coop. The guy is Danish as best as I can figure it but his dimensions are all in American English.

I appreciate seeing these things on the internet even tho' I'm not in the market for a new coop. Seems like there are not too many of these simple plans out there.

Steve

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  9. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I just checked they moved the chicken house, www.tartergate.com go to downloads and its the last download.

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    What size coop and how many chickens? Are they going to free range or being confiend to coop and run all the time?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by