Chicken Coops for Dummies: All in One Coop.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Tambo26, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Tambo26

Tambo26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Orrington, MAINE
    I have been feverishly scouring the internet for the past couple of months trying to settle on the perfect coop. I thought it best to have a solid, printed plan in hopes of avoiding too many headaches as my constuction experience is minimal. I purchased Chicken Coops for Dummies! The "All in One Coop" fit the bill for me so I ventured out with my credit card in hand (ouch) and purchased the majority of the materials to build it. It has been smooth building up until yesterday (Sunday 20 degrees with a gale force wind!) when I got to the building of the run. The instructions dont seem to be right... actually the instruction is minimal to non-existent.... and seemingly incorrect measurements.... really unfortunate since I've cut the boards as directed, and nailed them together. MY QUESTION is: has anyone built this coop? If so.... did you run into a problem in constructing the run? HELP! [​IMG] I emailed Dave Zook who co wrote the book but havent rec a response.
    Thanks
    Tam

2. JaysChicks

JaysChicks New Egg

Apr 30, 2011
    I'm in the middle of building the walk-in coop and so far have found a few errors in the printing of dimensions. It was quite frustrating but fixable. You'd think they'd hand the book to someone to have the work through building the coops on their own before sending it to print. That said, its the first/only book I found that lists actual dimensions and materials.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by