1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Crazy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kinnyg, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Kinnyg

Kinnyg Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2015
    Hello, from upstate SC. Here's my story. My dad passed away about 3years ago and I really miss him. My dad left us a lot of work taking care of his animals. His animal numbers have slowly dwindled down to: -20rabbits, -15dogs, -25 chickens, 3quail, and -3 turkeys. (he use to have 20 dogs 65 chickens 30 quail and 4 turkeys) Between work and family I have very little time to spend helping out. But I really have enjoyed getting to know the animals on a deeper level. I love the idea of my kids being involved. I try to take them to grandmas (Mimis) as much as possible.
    So here recently we have decided to restore some of the flock. I have 2 incubators both Little Giants. We successfully hatched one black maran chick about two weeks ago. It was a learning experience. I bought it some friends from tractor supply to keep it company. My mom is excited about it and so are my kids...Everyone except my wife. LOL! So Im looking for help with these fickle incubators and help ID ing what chickens we have and what the differences are. I plan to purchase 2 Cream legbars when I return home this weekend. I have both incubators full of chicken, turkey, and quail eggs. I'm very excited about this. So we will see how it goes. I hope to maybe be able to keep some of them intown at my house.

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG]and Welcome to BYC![​IMG]

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home! So sorry to hear about your dad[​IMG] That sounds like a lot of animals [​IMG]! Be sure to browse the forum and ask all the questions you have!

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Hello, and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined us.

Sounds like you have a lot of animals to care for! Good luck with all of them.[​IMG]

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined! :)

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. I'm sorry about the loss of your father. I lost both of my parents over the past 3 years. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hatches.

6. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Hello :frow and welcome to BYC!

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry to hear of your father's passing. He must have been very special to have kept up so many assorted animals. I think it is great that you are learning to incubate your own chicks, and have a variety . You are very much welcome at Backyard Chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by