Chicken crisis

Taylasherman

Hatching
May 26, 2021
01CC5131-F0F7-4D47-8514-7453BA0AA452.jpeg
My girl is having some problems. Her crop is swollen like a balloon off and on. It started about a month ago but seemed to get better. Now it is back and she does a sort of head bob that kind of looks like she has hiccups. I have a video but I cannot seem to upload it. The skin on the front of the crop has a redness to it that she seems to want to pick at. I look up her symptoms and none of what she has seem to line up with anything.

Hi and welcome to BYC! You have to upload videos to YouTube or something similar and then attach the link, then we can see them. I’m so sorry you are having this problem. I can’t help you but will tag some that can. They should be along shortly. @azygous @Wyorp Rock

My girl is having some problems. Her crop is swollen like a balloon off and on. It started about a month ago but seemed to get better. Now it is back and she does a sort of head bob that kind of looks like she has hiccups. I have a video but I cannot seem to upload it. The skin on the front of the crop has a redness to it that she seems to want to pick at. I look up her symptoms and none of what she has seem to line up with anything. @Taylasherman

Welcome To BYC
For video, upload to youtube and provide a link.

Does she lay eggs? Any bloat or swelling in her abdomen below the vent?

Likely she's has sour crop. Read this article and determine what course of treatment you need to follow. Keep in mind that crop issues are often a symptom of an underlying condition.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Back
Top Bottom