Chicken crisis

DanLeaAnn7

Chirping
Oct 9, 2009
Hempstead, TX
Two days ago my eighteen month old chicken acted lethargic and did not want to get up. Yesterday night my 19 other chickens attacked it and now the sick chicken is in quarantine. It has a wound about the size of dime on the back of her head. I put blue kote on the wound and gave the sick chicken food and water, she has not pooped and did not eat much. She does not want to move and her walking is unsteady, useing her wings to support her. Does anyone know what is ailing my poor sick chicken ?????? or what I can do to help her???? Thanks
DanLeaAnn7

Update- the sick chicken is still lethargic and is unsteady when walking. She did poop but it looked like diarrhea, very watery,and green and white in color. she did drink and eat more. If anyone has an idea what this means please reply
Thanks,
DanLeaAnn7

I have not seen any worms so far. Are there any side effects or anything if i give her dewormer and she does not have worms?
thanks
DanLeaAnn7

I have not seen any worms so far. Are there any side effects or anything if i give her dewormer and she does not have worms?
thanks
DanLeaAnn7
You dont have to see worms for them to have them. Aside from an egg withdrawal period, the only side effects you'll have is a healthy hen afterwards, if she has worms.

Do you know what I should give her? I am hoping to find one that kills worms, lice, and mites do you know of some thing I could give her?????
Thanks
DanLeaAnn7

Also I have 20 chickens (including the sick chicken) and they are 19 months old. I only get about 7 eggs a day, I live in Hempstead, Texas and it gets about 95 degrees during the day in the summer time is this normal???
Thanks
DanLeaAnn7

Back
Top Bottom