Chicken Day!!!

Oct 17, 2020
Good morning everyone! We are so excited because today we get our first chickens! All we know is that there are 6 bantams that are already laying. Theyre coming from 3hrs away so im hoping the trip will be a steady and safe one for them. I cant wait to take pictures.
Any advice on how to ease them in to our farm? Treats they may love? And do you think they could ever coexist in a run with our ducks?

Yay for getting your chickens! Bantams are so incredibly cute!! I have a barred Cochin and a frizzle Cochin bantam and it makes me smile to just watch them.

Mine love grapes. It's fun to watch them snatch the grapes away from the bigger girls and run as fast as their little legs will go.

I would not house them with ducks. Mine free range with full-sized chickens, runner ducks and a pair of American Buff geese with no problem. But, in close quarters, I would worry about the little girls. My drakes have never tried to mate with the bantams, but they -- and the girl ducks -- do like to steal the little ones' feed any chance they get.

I'm guessing you are going to quarantine them to make sure all are healthy? If not, at least ease them into the hubbub of the existing critters' routine. Travel can be exhausting.

Looking forward to those cute photos!

Good morning everyone! We are so excited because today we get our first chickens! All we know is that there are 6 bantams that are already laying. Theyre coming from 3hrs away so im hoping the trip will be a steady and safe one for them. I cant wait to take pictures.
Any advice on how to ease them in to our farm? Treats they may love? And do you think they could ever coexist in a run with our ducks?
Welcome to chicken mommy hood. :welcome :welcome :welcome

We have 2 drakes and 5 ducks.
As for bantams we are getting a polish, silky, cochin, serums, Easter egger and d'uccle.
They couldn't co mingle in a large run?

We wouldn't house them in the same area, just hang out in the open run together. Coops will 100% be separated because my muscovy roost and I see that ending badly

Back
Top Bottom